I LOVE going to church in Haiti! I may not understand the words being spoken but the Spirit certainly speaks loud and clearly. The members absolutely amaze me with their faith and strength. They are the perfect example of a "God fearing people". We got there just after Relief Society started. Towards the end they opened it up for testimonies. They had a girl by the name of Margorie translate for us. The sister that stood bore a simple but powerful testimony of the Love of God and miracles. She said that during the earthquake she was outside and her son was in the house. Her house was damaged and the spot where it was damaged was where her son had been sitting. The miracle was that he wasn't hurt. She couldn't explain it other then that God knew her and loved her. She expressed her gratitude for this wonderful miracle. I was very moved by this story.
Talking to Margorie after church she told us that the members are doing great. They continue to come to church, pay their tithing and fast. Many lost their homes so they either have tents or staying with other members. The Church's Emergency Response Team is helping to rebuild their houses and the church has sent a lot of food so none of them are starving. I told her how the world has prayed, fasted and donated money for our Haitian brothers and sisters. This brought tears to her eyes as she said how grateful she was for the church and her testimony that God loves His children. Actually she is now working for the church as a translator and documentor.
Well I'm off to organize things for the clinic for tomorrow! I love you all dearly!!!!
Mandi
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! Amanda. This trip sounds amazing. I can see why you wanted to go. Although I do think you are more adventurous than most. Be safe. Seriously please.
ReplyDeleteIt must be amazing to be there helping so many! Those experiences are tender. Be safe.
ReplyDelete