Sunday, December 12, 2010

What? Football isn't Everything!?!?

Last weekend I had the chance to fly home and watch my younger (not little) brother Matt play in the 1A Football State Championship game. It was so fun to go home and spend time with the family. I actually flew into Seattle and spent the day with my cousin Emily and her hubby Logan. We grew up together and were roommates in college so any chance we get to be together is wonderful. And luckily she married an awesome guy who shares her with me occasionally :). Thanks Logan!

Now a little more on Matt and football. My family (immediate and extended) kind of lives and breathes sports. Particularly football and basketball. Two of my brothers played college ball (Spencer will be returning to BYU's team next semester since he gets home from his mission in 1 week!) and several of my cousins have or are currently playing. Matt is a junior and this summer committed to play for BYU. Go Cougs!! He's had an awesome season this year and broke all kinds of personal, school and state records. I know I'm his sister but he is one impressive athlete. Unfortunately the game didn't end like we wanted it to - they lost by one touchdown. :( It was probably one of the best football games I've ever seen, especially at the high school level. Both teams played their heart outs and it came down to who was ahead when the clock ran out. The two teams actually played each other last year and Connell won - so I guess in some ways it is even now. Don't get me wrong, it was sad, but it didn't take long to remember that football isn't everything.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is impressive! How cool. And how fun for your brother coming home.

    Amanda, now I see why you married Garlan too, you couldn't be married to a non sports guy, although Jason would argue he is the more talented McCoy ;) at least G still has his youth

    ReplyDelete