Sunday, July 28, 2013

New Mexico and Southern Utah

Last week I helped my mom drive my grandparents to my Great Aunt Katharyn's funeral. It was a LONG drive but worth it to be there for my Uncle Larry and to celebrate my Aunt's life. The Celebration of Life service was beautiful but missing the key elements and truths of the Gospel. They aren't active LDS members and I felt bad for my uncle because he didn't have the extra hope and faith that he will see his wife again. It was a reminder of the blessings of the gospel and the knowledge I have that families will be together again. My mom and I shed a lot of tears for Carson but those tears weren't empty like many at the funeral for my Aunt. I know Carson will be with us again and that brings a peace and comfort that makes the sadness of death bearable. I pray one day my Uncle Larry will feel that peace again.
We broke the trip up by driving only half way and staying at my Aunt Lynda's house in Monticello. On the way back we did the same thing but we actually stayed several days to visit, hike and be with family. Garlan came down with Emma so we were all together. My Aunt Lynda teaches at the high school and this year added 3 more classes to her schedule. We helped her change rooms and get it all ready. On Saturday Uncle Bill took us on a gorgeous 6+ mile hike. I had to go on a bed rest for a few days after but it was worth it! :)

 







Garlan's solo trip down with Emma was a success. They stopped along the way a couple of times but he said they had lots of fun. Now the trip home wasn't so smooth. :(








No comments:

Post a Comment