Sunday, March 3, 2013

Elder Matthew James Hadley

Elder Matthew James Hadley is reporting to the MTC this next week to serve his two year mission in Salvador Brazil. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful guy as one of my best friends and as my brother! I will miss him like crazy but I'm grateful that he has chosen to serve the Lord and help bring the knowledge of the Redeeming Savior and His gospel to the people of Brazil. I know that his hard work ethic and his love for the Savior will help change many lives, including his own. 
Last week we were able to go spend some time in Washington and be there for his farewell talk. It was an amazing talk as he bore a powerful witness to the love of the Savior and eternal families. He has been such a strength to my parents over the last 6 weeks since little Carson passed away. I know it wasn't a coincidence that he was home during this very trying time for our family. His own testimony has been strengthened and I know he will continue to grow closer to the Savior as he lives a righteous and humble life. 
 
It was nice to be able to go back home and be around my family. The pain is still very real and I know that it will continue to take time and patience in the atonement for everyone to really heal. And when I say heal I don't mean get over and move on from what happened. No one will ever forget Carson. He is a special spirit that will continue to remind us all of the importance in striving daily to be better so that we can see him again and be with all of our family forever. The healing that I know will take place in time is the sustaining peace and comfort from the Savior. It is a deeper understanding of the Plan of Salvation and in the Atonement. Our faith will all grow and we will each want to continue to make changes in our lives to be more like the Savior. The grief will lessen and joy will increase as our hearts turn to the Lord. I'm so impressed with Nicole and Boyd. This is the hardest trial that I can imagine a parent having to go through and even though there are some dark days they continue to be strong and faithful. I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful family. I love them dearly!

Emma and I flew to WA a week early so we could spend more time with Matt and my parents. During that time we all got the stomach flu....booo! It reminded me of how grateful I am for a healthy body. Poor Emma threw up all over me twice and had the worst diarrhea. But she was a champ and handled being sick much better than her mom and dad do.
 
Before the icky stomach bug hit us we had a baby shower for Nicole. Liz and Mayela helped me plan it and it was a great success. A lot of people came and she got a truck load of baby gifts. I know this new baby isn't going to replace Carson or take away the pain of losing Carson but I'm glad we got to spend a day celebrating the arrival of Cody.
 















No comments:

Post a Comment