Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter morning

"I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live" (John 11:25)

I know that my Redeemer lives! What comfort this sweet sentence gives. He lives, He lives who once was dead, I know that my Redeemer lives. This is my favorite hymn. Not only is the music beautiful but when I sing it I feel like I'm singing my very own testimony of the Savior. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. The Easter bunny didn't really exist in my home growing up. I can remember a few Easter Egg hunts with my cousins with a fabulous lunch or dinner that followed but that's about it for the bunny. My mom and dad made Easter all about the Savior and I'm so grateful for those special memories. She'd always give a lesson that reviewed the last week of the Savior mortal life. My mom lived in Israel for 6+ months in college, so she loved teaching from New Testament. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against the Easter Bunny, I'm just grateful my parents always kept the focus on Christ. This morning I needed that focus.

"Because Jesus Christ broke the bands of death, all of the children of Heavenly Father born into the world will be resurrected in a body that will never die. So my testimony and yours of that glorious truth can take away the sting of the loss of a beloved family member or friend and replace it with joyful anticipation and firm determination."
~Pres. Henry B. Eyring

The house is very quiet right now and it has given me plenty of time to reflect on the life, death and resurrection of the Savior. This past week I decided to study the last week of the Savior's life out of the 4 Gospels. My heart remains so heavy with sadness since losing our sweet Carson. I miss him so much it hurts. And the pain that I know Boyd & Nicole and my parents are still facing makes me want to cry all day long. To be honest, there are still those moments that I find myself still asking 'why' and being angry that life is so hard. But this week and this morning have strengthened my soul to face the sadness of death and the unknown of what the future holds for my family. Because Christ lives, so shall Carson and so shall all of my family. The part that matters the most now is how we all respond to the call to be better so that we can live together forever. I have faith and hope because of the Savior. I know He lives and that He loves us. I know He will continue to bless my family and that hearts will heal, we will rise to the call to be better and we will see Carson again. This is my testimony, and it brings me true and everlasting joy. 

 My beloved brothers and sisters, in our hour of deepest sorrow, we can receive profound peace from the words of the angel that first Easter morning: “He is not here: for he is risen.”
~Pres. Thomas S. Monson

 Through tears and trials, through fears and sorrows, through the heartache and loneliness of losing loved ones, there is assurance that life is everlasting. Our Lord and Savior is the living witness that such is so.
~Pres. Thomas S. Monson

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I miss him so much but i have to studyed this last week of the savior. I have gained so much more love for Savior. I know that i will see carson again and that he lives also.

    ReplyDelete