Carson is our St. Patrick's Day boy. He would have turned 4 this past Sunday. As you can imagine it was a difficult day for his parents and all that loved him. Nicole is amazing and a few weeks before his birthday she set up a service project in Connell in his memory. Since so many of us live too far to go home and participate we all wore green and did our own acts of service. It was a hard but wonderful weekend. Garlan, Emma and I got together with our cousin's here in Springville and made cookies for families in our neighborhood who are struggling. We also made dinner for a cousin who just had a baby. It was wonderful to be spending time with family and doing service for others. I wept that night looking at all the pictures on facebook that people had posted all over the country wearing green and doing acts of service. Back home almost 100 people showed up to help in the community service project. All the little cousins (near and far) drew pictures and wrote letters on balloons for Carson and then sent them to heaven. I still shed tears daily for this sweet boy and for all the pain my family is still working through. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and the peace of comfort it brings me personally and so many in my family. I found this quote last night and love it:
"Trials and tribulations tend to squueze the artificiality out of us, leaving the essence of what we really are and clarifying what we really yearn for." ~Elder Neal A Maxwell
Here are few letters written to Carson and pictures from family and friends honoring his memory in service........
Happy
birthday to my "best friend". I miss you so much buddy. Sometimes I
sit in the living room and close my eyes and imagine you playing with
your corral and animals on the floor in front of me. I think of you
everyday and I count it one of my greatest blessings to have had you in
my life. "Hold you me." I heard that from your sweet mouth so many
times---now I am saying it to you---"Hold you me". Hold us all up with
your love and strength. Your Aunt 'Kahey' loves your always and forever. ~ Kathryn Hadley
This
has been such a hard week for your mom. Looking in the closet finding
the presants I had bought for you. I will never forget how much you
loved Birthdays! You always wanted to be the one to blow the candles
out. You were getting so excited for your sister birthday in January and
then your brother in February because you new that you were next. We
are now almost to your birthday. I will miss all the excitement that you
brought to birthdays. I will always wondering every birthday what you
would be like/act like. I hope that on Saturday you can see how many
people love you and miss you. We want to do something in your honor my
sweet boy. Your mommy will miss you every day, Until we meet again. I
love you more than too many!!~ Nicole Clyde

Happy
Birthday Carson! I have realized that there aren't many things that we
take with us from this life. When all is said and done all we have is
the knowledge we have gained, the personality we have developed and the
relationships we have grown. How grateful I am to have the relationship I
do with you and our family. And what a joy it will be to be able to
continue to cultivate our relationships after this life. I helped a
friend hang drywall Friday and Saturday and gave a fireside tonight in
memory of you! I sure miss you! ~ Spencer Hadley
In
honor of Carson's birthday, our family made and delivered cinnamon
rolls to friends that needed some extra love and also a visited and
delivered one to a woman in a nursing home today. Carson, though we
never knew you, your family has inspired us with their faith and love
and we are compelled to be better people. Happy Birthday Carson!!! ~ Sara Ditto
We are so excited to do our service project
today in honor of Carson's birthday and life. Our thoughts and prayers
are with Boyd Clyde and Nicole Clyde this weekend. Thank you for
choosing such a beautiful way to honor your son. ~ Alicia Clyde
We wore green today in honor of Carson Clyde.
Started day by cleaning the church (just so happened it was our turn
today), helped clean up the fields at Pioneer Park in Connell, and then
made goodies to deliver. Thank you Boyd Clyde and Nicole Clyde for allowing us to be a part of celebrating Carson's life. HUGS to each of you! ~ Jennifer Salisbury
We
all wore green in honor of little Carson Clyde and did service
throughout the day today. Dropped off a box of clothing to a lady in
need, took fresh eggs to neighbors, paid for a lady's lunch that was
behind us in the drive-thru and cleaned up our neighborhood pond area.
Was a good day to work together and remember little Carson!~Trenton Jenks
Spending time with the elderly in honor of Carson! ~ Rob & Britt Clyde
Remembering Carson today. We picked up trash
at the park and then drew a picture for uncle Matt. We love you and miss
you Carson. We are so grateful we know where you are and that we will
be with you once again. Our prayers and love go out to our amazing
family.~ Michelle & Nate Demary
No comments:
Post a Comment