Now that I'm over my two week sickness I have fallen back into the "nesting" mode. Typically I'm a neat freak and love to organize but it's been at a whole new level the last couple months. Thanks to Mom and Dad McCoy my list of "must be done before baby arrives" got completed in record time. The yard looks amazing, the garage has new shelves with everything organized, my upright freezer from my mom has been cleaned out and stocked, house is spotless, nursery is done, pantry is full, food storage up to date, all my little projects are completed, hospital bag for me and baby Emma are packed and currently dinner is in the oven. Now I just have to sit and wait......which is kind of driving me crazy!
Here are the latest pictures of the nursery........
At our doctor's appointment on Friday (37 weeks) he checked and I'm dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. Now all that means is things have started. She could come tomorrow or weeks down the road. I'm routing for tomorrow and G is routing for weeks down the road. In all reality we want her to come when it's best for her, we are just anxious to meet her and kiss her face!
Mom and Dad McCoy had an unexpected change of plans. Sharla's (G's younger sister who is due 3 days before us with their first baby) amniotic fluid was measuring low so they had to induce her last Friday. Their visas did not come last week so they hopped on a plane and headed up to Portland to see and help out with their baby's baby! Mom McCoy was super happy that she could see at least one of these grand kids before they leave - maybe she'll even get to meet Emma. Garlan really wanted Emma to come first (they are so competitive, haha) but we are just glad that Sharla and baby girl are okay.
So until she arrives I'll just keep finding more projects to do so I don't go too crazy waiting to meet her!
So until she arrives I'll just keep finding more projects to do so I don't go too crazy waiting to meet her!
Her room looks darling! I am so excited for you guys, there is just something so fun about your first one.
ReplyDelete