What a wonderful, relaxing weekend! We decided to make our Anniversary getaway a little early this year due to baby arriving in just a few more weeks. Since my doctor felt like Salt Lake was about as far as I should go, that's where we went. We spent Friday and Saturday night at Little America and loved every minute of it! G especially loved having a king size bed so that he could sprawl out without hitting into my legs or baby belly :)
Friday night we just chilled in the hotel, went swimming, hot tubing and had dinner (a picnic that I packed) in our room. Luckily I married a man after my own heart and we watched a lot basketball during the weekend.


(My belly almost touching the table after eating :))
Saturday we slept in and then enjoyed our favorite breakfast buffet in the Little America. I've found though that as little Emma continues to grow my stomach shrinks and I can't eat as much as I'd like. After we ate ourselves stupid we went back up to our room, watched some basketball and took a nap. We are still recovering from our chest and head colds (mine actually is now a sinus infection) and have needed a ton of extra sleep. In the afternoon we headed over to the Grand America to enjoy their Grand Spa. First I made G work out with me in their gym and then we relaxed in their pools, hot tub, steam rooms, saunas, etc. Since I just got a pedicure and facial last week with Amy I turned G's offer down to get another one this week. Probably silly but I mostly just wanted to relax and be with him, plus with this sinus infection it's painful to put my head flat. We both agreed that the Grand Spa was very grand and after enjoying several hours there we felt somewhat rejuvenated!


(That really is a face of relaxation)
After the spa we got dressed and headed to our favorite place - the Salt Lake Temple! Since we were sealed there we like to go and do sealings for our anniversary. I'd been having a lot of contractions and leg cramps plus my sinus infection, so we weren't sure if we were going to be able to go, but we did and it was wonderful. I can't quite describe my feelings of joy knowing that I am sealed forever to Garlan and now Emma. What a wonderful gift our Heavenly Father has given us - the ability to be together forever! I pray that we can continue to progress in making our relationship a celestial marriage.
We left the temple and then went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. Garlan's parents had given us a gift card as an anniversary gift. Since we were both so tired we got our food to go and enjoyed eating it in bed watching basketball.
Sunday morning we had planned to go to Music and the Spoken Word but with the time change missed it because we slept in too late. We slowly made our way back to Springville for church.....so sad to have our wonderful weekend over but yet very grateful to have the chance to get away and enjoy each other before our little girl arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment