Wednesday, October 12, 2011

......then comes Baby!

First Comes Love,


Next Comes Marriage,


then comes BABY!

Most of you already know our exciting news but for those that don't.....
McCoy baby #1 is on his/her way!
Due to arrive April 6th (pretty great due date).

I've debated back and forth about writing on a specific Pregnancy Journal Blog but finally decided that this is our family journal and this baby and my feelings are definitely part of this family. Hopefully Garlan will chime in every now and again with his thoughts and feelings throughout this new and exciting experience.

We have known for quite some time and actually didn't wait more than an hour after seeing that beautiful pink plus sign to tell our family. We were at my parent's house for the weekend (my 10 year reunion) when I decided to take the plunge and confirm what I already knew. The night we wanted to take the test I got a little "pee-shy" and so early the next morning I woke up Garlan with the results that he was going to be a Dad - I took two tests just to prove my point! To say we were both excited can't quite do the feeling justice.

Of course my mom knew before the words came out of my mouth (man she has a gift). Garlan let my dad in on our secret soon after and I don't think he stopped grinning the rest of the weekend. Oddly enough, Matt asked us later that day when we were going to give him more nieces and nephews. We showed him the picture of our positive test and and I'm not sure I've ever seen him that excited. Actually all my brothers seem to be extra excited about this baby. Now that they have had a taste of being an uncle with baby Brooks they can't seem to wait till more nieces and nephews come there way. haha.

Within about 2 days I felt that wonderful morning sickness and extreme tiredness kick in....although it was more like all-day sickness at first and then just mostly afternoon and night sickness. I really can't complain because I was still able to function and work AND I had no desire to have something sweet. I can't say I still totally feel that way but I do crave fresh fruit and cheese ALL the time. Better than Oreo's and ice cream. :)

Oh and lets not forget the need to pee every 5 minutes - or so it seems.
*Funny Story #1*
I smashed my toe this week upon returning to my bed after my 100th trip to the potty in the middle of the night. Garlan tried to sympathize but he couldn't help but laugh as he pointed out that I should know that path by heart since I've worn out the carpet to and from our bathroom.

So that about sums up the last 15 weeks. Started to feel a little soft in the middle this past week, although Garlan says he can't see what I'm talking about. One of the things that I've loved most about being pregnant so far is this intense connection to my body and everything that is going on. It's hard to really explain it but sometimes I lay totally in tune to what's going on inside my body. I've felt a few little "flutterings" so far but can't be sure if those are baby flutterings or because I just ate something.

Our favorite experience so far is the ultrasound we had at 9 weeks. We had a little scare so my doctor had us get a ultrasound just to put our minds at ease that everything was okay. That was the first time I felt like a real mother. I remember just praying to my Heavenly Father to let everything be okay, I even agreed to bed-rest from that moment on if needs be. It was this overwhelming desire to protect this child inside me. As soon as the ultrasound guy found him/her and I could see it move and the heart beating - I just started to cry. It was such a great moment for both of us and we can't wait for ultrasound #2 to find out just exactly what we are having!

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! What great news. Parenthood is the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun Stories, so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete