On May 24th Emma and I set out on our 2 1/2 week vacation. We first flew out (with Uncle Spencer) to New York to my brother Richard's and new sister-in-law Cherise's wedding. It was beautiful and we loved meeting Cherise's wonderful family. Everyone was so good to us and spoiled Emma. Cherise is an amazing woman and I'm so glad to call her my sister. She joined the church last Fall and truly is (as my brother calls her) an "elect lady". She has embraced the Gospel of Jesus Christ with her whole heart and her countenance just glows with love for her Savior and for my brother. I love her dearly and am so happy for her and my brother. I can't wait for them to be sealed in the Manti Temple this Fall after her year mark is up from her baptismal date.
My new sister Cherise!
Adored by both her Great-Grandpa Keith and Grandpa Hadley
We had a picnic and stroll in Central Park before flying out of NY
From our short but wonderful weekend in New York we flew to Washington with my parents to spend 2 weeks home on the farm. Emma did wonderful on all of the flights except her very first landing. Even though I was nursing her I think her ears were hurting and so she screamed for a few minutes until she fell asleep. I love that sweet girl and her ability to go so many places and be passed around so much. Hopefully this means she loves to travel like her Mom and Dad. :)
It was really fun to take her home and show her off to all my friends and family. We only wish Daddy had been able to come (which is why we cut the vacation short by a week). All of my siblings were home for the weekend of June 2nd to see Matt graduate and Bic's Open House. My mom did an amazing job (with the help of good friends) with the Open House. The wind even died down long enough to keep it all outside in the yard.
Open House Pics.....
Matt's Graduation
Emma's best pal was my cousin's little boy Carson. He adores her and loved to help me bathe her and put lotion on her hands and feet. He'd put the lotion in his little hands and blow on it to make it warm and then gently put it on her arms and legs. Brooks, my nephew, also loved Emma. Sometimes he loved her a little too much and Carson had to protect Emma from any harm that might come her way.
Carson and Emma
Emma and Brooks (I love Emma's face - she isn't sure what will happen next!)
The kid in action....kisses, not sure what to do, trying to help
Having fun with Brooks
Farm Life
Emma first Pool Party! The water was 82 degrees!
I have such a wonderful family! I only wish they all lived closer. It was sad to leave but so nice to get home to Garlan. Now we are home embracing real life and trying to get on a little bit of a schedule as I face the reality of going back to work next week. I'm only going to work one shift a week but I'm having all sorts of feelings and anxiety leaving my little love. I guess we'll see how I feel once I give it a try.














So cute. Glad your first vacation went so well. Kyle and I were so thankful that Gunnar did well with all our travelling around Europe.
ReplyDelete