It was the perfect Father's Day this year because we were able to bless Emma. My parents had brought Matt down for college a few days before and Garlan's brothers Darek and Brandon also came into town for the event. Plus we had other family come and show their love and support. Garlan did a wonderful job blessing her and it warmed my heart to see so many men that I respect and love stand in the circle. I am so grateful for the Priesthood in our lives and the blessings that it bring us!
Emma looked like an angel in her blessing dress! As Garlan gave her the blessing I couldn't help but feel this strong spiritual connection to Emma's sweet spirit. It was made very apparent to me that she was meant for our family and will continue to bring us so much joy as she continues to grow. I felt an overwhelming amount of love for her and a desire for her to grow up to be a strong and happy young woman that stays close to her earthly and Heavenly parents.
Motherhood has brought out so many new and wonderful feelings for my daughter, husband, parents, and even myself. I feel closer to Heavenly Father and my Savior as I seek their guidance on how to be a better mother so that I can raise Emma and her future siblings in a manner that will help them excel and yet feed their souls with light and truth.




No comments:
Post a Comment