Sunday, May 20, 2012

Happy Mother's Day to Me!

This year was my first official Mother's Day were I was actually a mother. I got the best present possible for a mother....a nap. The sad part is that isn't a joke and it was a wonderful nap! Mom and Dad McCoy were still staying with us so G got to be with his own mother and his wife/mother which was a special experience for him too. 

How grateful I am for the women in my life that through their examples have showed me the kind of mother I hope to be. Of course at the top of that list is my own mother. Since Emma came into my world I have developed a much deeper level of gratitude for all that she did and sacrificed for us kids. I can't remember a time that when something super exciting or heartbreaking happened I didn't want to run to my mother. All of us kids found safety, love, kindness, forgiveness, charity and a friend in our mother. I pray that my kids will be able to say the same about me one day. 

I know this is a little late but Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there that give your all for the children in your lives. 

Here is Emma's Mother Day photo shoot. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment