
My mom left us this past Sunday and I cried for several hours straight. She's my best friend and not only do I miss her help but I miss her company. I will forever cherish having her here with Emma and me.
After having mom here for 12 days and having lots of visitors stopping by and bringing meals, the house feels strangely quiet. Once Garlan leaves for work it is just Emma and me continuing to figure each other out. At first I was nervous but I quickly came to love our sweet moments together. I can hardly put her down or stop watching and talking to her. I've kissed her precious face a million times already. Our sweetest moments come all snuggled up in our bed or on the couch when we can listen to all her little sounds and smell her sweet baby breath.
Then after a whole day of just loving her, daddy comes home and I get to enjoy watching the two of them create sweet moments. Emma loves falling to sleep on her daddy's chest - and he loves it too. During her awake time we enjoy watching her respond to our voices.
Emma is a very strong baby. We can't leave her alone anywhere since we found she slowly scoots during her tummy time and has partially rolled over several times. We joke that one of these nights we are going to find her out of her bed walking around the house. Speaking of nights - she is a great sleeper (so far). Last night we slept for 6 hours, ate and then slept another 4 hours. We pray this pattern continues.
We LOVE our little girl and can't believe she is 3 weeks old already! I want to stop time but since that isn't possible I'm trying hard to just enjoy all these wonderful sweet moments.

After having mom here for 12 days and having lots of visitors stopping by and bringing meals, the house feels strangely quiet. Once Garlan leaves for work it is just Emma and me continuing to figure each other out. At first I was nervous but I quickly came to love our sweet moments together. I can hardly put her down or stop watching and talking to her. I've kissed her precious face a million times already. Our sweetest moments come all snuggled up in our bed or on the couch when we can listen to all her little sounds and smell her sweet baby breath.
Then after a whole day of just loving her, daddy comes home and I get to enjoy watching the two of them create sweet moments. Emma loves falling to sleep on her daddy's chest - and he loves it too. During her awake time we enjoy watching her respond to our voices.
Emma is a very strong baby. We can't leave her alone anywhere since we found she slowly scoots during her tummy time and has partially rolled over several times. We joke that one of these nights we are going to find her out of her bed walking around the house. Speaking of nights - she is a great sleeper (so far). Last night we slept for 6 hours, ate and then slept another 4 hours. We pray this pattern continues.We LOVE our little girl and can't believe she is 3 weeks old already! I want to stop time but since that isn't possible I'm trying hard to just enjoy all these wonderful sweet moments.

She really is sooo beautiful!! (and your photo skills are awesome as well!!)
ReplyDelete