Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter 2012

"And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; And this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; And he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities." - Alma 7:11-12
How grateful I am that the tomb is now empty! Our Savior died for us but now lives for us. Because of His wonderful atoning sacrifice and resurrection we can be with our families forever! Having sweet Emma's spirit bless our family has greatly increased my gratitude a Savior who loves us so much that He would die for us. As a wife and now a mother I believe no greater gift can ever be given.

We were blessed to have my parents and brothers with us for Easter Sunday. Garlan spoke in sacrament meeting so we ventured out to listen to him. We sat in the corner and kept little Emma covered. Garlan's talk was wonderful and very tender. He spoke on the blessings of the Resurrection. I'm so grateful for him - he is an amazing husband and father.

Sadly my parents had to leave us in the afternoon. I don't think I stopped crying until I fell asleep. It was so wonderful to have my mother's support and help the last 12 days. I tried really hard to get her to stay one more week but alas it's time to start being a mother on my own. It's overwhelming at times but luckily I was blessed with a great example of motherhood by my mom and I have a husband who loves and supports me.
I love my family!




1 comment:

  1. Ah I didn't know ur mom left. That stinks nothing like the first few days after ur mom leaves....cut yourself lots of slack. U look amazing by the way

    ReplyDelete