Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The 3 F's of Thanksgiving- Family, Food, & Football!

Thanksgiving this year was a blast! We spent it down in the Las Vegas with a bunch of the McCoy Clan - and they sure know how to PARTY! Growing up Thanksgiving = Family, Food, & Football. Luckily the McCoy's have the same traditions.

I had to work the first half of the day on Thanksgiving (people still get sick on holidays :( ). When I was done Garlan picked me up and we headed south. We got to Vegas just in time to eat the big turkey dinner with the following: Vegas McCoy's (Darek & Amberli), Cali McCoy's (Jason & Brooke), and AZ Morley's (Erin & Rob). It was so good to see everyone and spend more one on one time with all my new nieces and nephews. I also love watching Garlan with his family.

After dinner the men kicked us ladies out of the house to a movie so they could do all the clean up. This alone makes me want to spend every Thanksgiving with the McCoy's! We saw the new Harry Potter movie which I really enjoyed (I haven't read the books yet). We came home to a clean house and clean kids. That's when I got to snuggle up with my husband and talk about all that we are thankful for - #1 would be each other.

Now Black Friday is something I've gotten into over the last 2 years - and luckily for Garlan my sister-in-laws were all about getting up early for the shopping adventure. We hit up our essential stores and were home by 8:30, just in time to eat breakfast with everyone. Since I'm a bargain shopper I was in heaven all day from the great deals I was able to find! I even found a few things for myself :)

The rest of the weekend consisted of.........
lots of family games,


dance parties,





eating lots and lots of good food,

playing at the park,






shopping with the girls,

Wii Dance Off competitions,



watching football, watching movies, and just enjoying each others company.





Because of bad roads we ended up staying until Monday so we got to spend some time with our other Vegas McCoy's (Brandon & Cori) when they got back on Sunday night. It wouldn't have been a complete trip without seeing them.

We are so thankful for our amazing families and can't wait to see you all again! We love and miss you!!!!!!!

****And just a side note - although G & I were devastated BYU lost we were thrilled my younger brother Matt's team won their semi final game on Saturday!

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are awesome! love all the dancing ones! Baylie told me today she wants to go back to Garlan and Amanda's house...so you are remembered and just inherited a house!

    awesome pics of your brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://agmccoy.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.

    Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

    Emily
    epatterson@primroseschools.com

    ReplyDelete