Monday, January 25, 2010

How we met!

I've finally entered the blogging world. Honestly, I wasn't sure I'd ever make it to this point. :) But I did.........

Garlan and I met for the first time over a year ago. To be honest, I was dating his friend so I didn't notice him like he did me (he doesn't like this part of the story but I'm not sugar coating anything). Actually, to my defense, we never were officially introduced. Soon after our first meeting I took off for San Diego and didn't return to Provo for 6 months. Last September was my turn to notice him! My younger sister had invited Garlan's sister Sharla to play on our intramural bball team. When he walked into the gym I was speechless (which is rare for me). I noticed that he and my brother Richard were chatting like old friends. Come to find out - they were in the same ward the year before. Before and after the game I made myself available to chat and flirt a little with him. I really wanted to go out with him but didn't know if he really noticed me. I even offered my first born to Richard if he would set us up. Haha. He didn't want my first born so I settled for $50. Well luck would have it - Richard broke his shoulder the next week and I used it as an excuse to add Garlan as a friend on facebook and invite him to play on our bball team. The rest is history :)

1 comment:

  1. So fun! Love your blog. Good luck with wedding plans!

    ReplyDelete