Ironically we are both from Washington - Eastern and Western that is. He left for the break earlier then I did since people still get sick on the holidays. I flew home Christmas Day and then Garlan and his parents drove over the next day to meet me and my parents for lunch. I instantly fell in love with his parents! I could see why he turned out so wonderful.
For the next week Garlan put up with my crazy family and they love him. By that point we had started talking about a future together and both felt it was right. He had the "talk" with my Dad on New Years Eve. It last about 45 minutes, but he survived that too!
On our way back to Provo we stopped and picked out a ring in Park City (I had seen it before Christmas). But he still wanted to do a "surprise" proposal, so I waited. I was pretty sure it was coming on the weekend and that's what he wanted me to believe. On Thursday at work I was called to a "code" on another floor. It turned out the "code" was the proposal. He had worked it out with my boss and coworkers (who I love dearly) and they had pretty much the whole hospital in on it! Even Dr. Al played along. I walked into the room expecting to find someone dying and instead I found him -hooked up to all sorts of machines with everyone standing around the bed. He sat up and took off the mask that covered his face (up until that point I didn't know it was him). They scurried to the side and he dropped down on one knee in a lovely hospital gown! haha. He said all the right things and I said "yes"!
But it didn't stop there! Upon coming home I found a trail of kisses and rose petals leading to my room. On my bed was a single white rose, a card, name tags from one of our first dates, and a present. The present was new scriptures with my name "Amanda K McCoy" engraven on them. He showed up at this point and took me to a romantic dinner at Carabas (my favorite restaurant). Perfect ending, to a perfect day!
So here we are - engaged to be married for time and all eternity on April 22, 2010 in the Salt Lake Temple! I count my blessings everyday to have found such a kind, patient, giving, loving, understanding, fun and just plain wonderful young man!
yay, you're a blogger:) & u 2 are good loooking together!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you started a blog, I am a regular blog stalker and just don't keep up well with people on facebook. I am so happy for you and can't wait for your big day! Be careful in HAITI!
ReplyDeleteAhhh. very cute. You guys are a great match. Its awesome being a McCoy too, you'll love it.
ReplyDeleteBrooke
...i think g has all the links to the family blogs.
welcome to the addicting world of blogging! You guys are just so cute together. I just keep looking at your pictures and can't get over how happy you are! I am so thrilled for you!
ReplyDeleteThat is very sweet. I am happy for you and excited for your big day. Enjoy Haiti and be safe.
ReplyDelete