Well thanks to Covid our Christmas plans got turned upside down and inside out. Matt's nursing home in Cali got hit with Covid 2 weeks ago so he sent Chloe and the kids to Idaho to be with her family and basically lives at his building. I am also working non stop. My boss Gretchen got covid and then her mother in law passed away suddenly and they went to Ohio to be with family so I was pulling double duty pretty much all month with working on the floor, staffing and going to her meetings. Matt and I talk and it's basically shear adrenaline keeping us going. We have so many patients dying. Covid and non covid. My hardest one was a 16 year old girl that hung herself. I admitted her on a Saturday and then stayed through Sunday to help the family with organ donation after she was declared brain dead. So very hard to watch them go through all of that. Has made me so grateful for the plan of salvation and that our Savior died and was resurrected so that we could be together forever.
The girls started the month with getting their Christmas pjs and Eddie the Elf arrived to keep an eye on them.
We still did our annual gingerbread house festivities at Michelle's house.
We also went and explored the lights set up in Mapleton.
In any case we moved our Christmas party that we have had planned to celebrate Mom and Dad's 40th (Hawaii also got canceled earlier this month) to New Years hoping Matt might be able to make it. My greatest Christmas gift was the vaccine I got on Christmas Eve! Happy days are coming..........
We had Amy, Donna, Michael and Grandma and Grandpa McCoy over the on the 23rd since I worked Christmas eve and part of Christmas day. Aunt Donna gave a wonderful lesson on Joseph Smith since it is also his birthday.














































































No comments:
Post a Comment