Monday, March 16, 2020

The Coming of Covid Part 1

 For the last several months we as a world have been watching a new disease Sars Covid-19 manifest itself. As with most new viruses this quickly spread and turned into a pandemic. The first cases (known) started in Wuhun China last December. But of course that was pre testing and knowledge of it and I believe it's been around a bit longer and in more places. In the last few weeks most of the world has shut down. Pretty unbelievable and not what most expected. The survival rate thus far is in 90% but in certain countries and even cities in the US like New York they are seeing an overwhelming number of hospital admissions. I believe there are multiple layers like underlying health to begin with, poor hospital systems and comorbities that are attributing to it. But time will tell us more. We wear masks almost everywhere, school has been shut down for the next few weeks (although I think it will last the rest of the year) and all non essential businesses have been asked to close their doors. They thought is for 2 weeks a total shut down will help flatten the curve of hospital admissions and save us from becoming New York or Italy where thousands are dying daily. I think it will flatten the curve but I worry people will want this virus gone and won't understand that there is a difference in flattening a curve and eradication of the disease. We know too many business owners that have already started suffering from this too. 




No comments:

Post a Comment