Friday, June 8, 2018

Mia Shalom Girl's Camp

This year I had the chance to go to girl's camp with our young women as the girl's camp director. I haven't ever served in Young Women so it was a really new and fun change for me. I always loved girl's camp growing up and hoped for a similar experience for myself and the girls.
 As a stake we went down to Mia Shalom and it was beautiful with perfect weather. I had great leaders that came too. Mary did the cooking last year and volunteered to come do it again and she was a life saver! Dani was my assistant director and was so helpful in organizing and getting things done. All the of the YW presidency came and were so invested in helping the girls have a wonderful experience.
We had a great time eating, braiding hair, chatting, playing in the lake, building fires and going on lots of hikes. It was so beautiful and since we were there the first week it wasn't hot yet. 
Our theme was "Give Me This Mountain". I encouraged the girls leading up to camp to study talks and scriptures that revolved around trials and faith in the Savior. I too focused on this theme. My testimony was strengthened and my faith increased in trusting in the Lord, His timing and His ability to help me through any trial that comes my way.
During the week I just prayed that the girls would feel loved - loved by their leaders, friends and most importantly the Lord. On Thursday night during ward testimony meeting I could see my prayers were answered. Each girl (30 total) bore their testimony and the common theme was the love they felt during camp despite the trials in their lives. I know the Lord knows and loves us on an individual level and my greatest desire is for my own children to come to know that truth for themselves so they can climb all mountains put in front of them.










No comments:

Post a Comment