Oh happy happy day! Sophie is finally potty trained (knock on wood). I tried a few weeks ago but she is very stubborn and there was no amount of coaxing, bribing, or encouraging that would get her to do it. She'd simply say no and run away. I would even leave her naked and she wouldn't pee on the ground but she'd hold it for hours until I put her diaper back on. So I backed off but left the little toilet out. After a few days she occasionally would take her diaper off and use it. Then she had a stomach bug and bad diarrhea for about a week and I thought we would have to start all over again. As soon as that cleared up she didn't want her diaper and asked for panties. She'd go potty and come find me yelling "come mom, come see me, come fast" and then she would show me that she had peed in her little potty. We do a dance and cheer in the bathroom and she gets very excited. It has stuck and she has done awesome. She's even started pooping in it which sometimes doesn't happen for awhile.
Here are some other funny Sophie stuff:
She and her buddy Grant are best friends and love to get into trouble. A couple weeks ago after church they took off from nursery and somehow made it into the next ward's sacrament meeting while we were searching all over for them. Natalie got a text from a friend that Grant was playing the organ in the chapel (during a talk!). By the time we got to the chapel they were gone. I finally found them with dry erase markers coloring on the board in the high counsel's room. :(
She LOVES her baby sister. She calls her "the baby bella" and always wants to hold her, kiss her and tries to pick her up. Here she is trying to sit in the bumbo - yelling "I stuck mom, I bum stuck mom, help"
She is loving her cousin's Porter and Ayla (not pictured) now that they are talking a lot more.
No I didn't let her chug my DMD but she is always trying to drink some of my soda. She says, "soda please, I tirtsy mom".
Although she fights it sometimes - she still needs a nap. This day she refused to take one and by dinner I found her like this.....it also happened the next day.
She loves the outdoors and rolling all around on the grass during Emma's soccer games.
She likes to climb into Bella's swing to watch her shows.
She loves her uncle Pat and calls him "PatPat"










No comments:
Post a Comment