Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A McCoy New Year Gathering!

What a wonderful weekend in Las Vegas with most of the McCoy clan to jump start 2012! We enjoyed lots of good company, food and fun. G and I headed south Wednesday night when I got off work and stayed until Tuesday (the plan was to return Monday but due to tummy sickness we had to put it off a day). It's nice to be back in our own bed but we've both commented on how quiet our house is and how much we miss our nieces and nephews!

Thursday Brandon and kids took Garlan out for a paintball war with Cannon's friends. Cori, the girls and I headed to Amberli's for girl time and to hold/cuddle with my sweet new niece Kennedy. I married into such a great family and have the best sister-in-laws ever!

Friday more family arrived and the gatherings got bigger and louder! Erin and Rob drove up from AZ and G's parents flew in from WA.

Saturday morning the cutest twins ever (Keaton and Carter) were baptized and confirmed. Jason and Brooke's family arrived from Cali just in time to help with the confirmation! We were all worried they weren't going to be able to come since tummy sickness got to Luke the day before. After the baptism we all headed to Red Robin - best fries ever!




We celebrated New Years at Cori and Brandon's with style and more food. We did a 10pm count down for the little kids and pregnant woman (that would just be me).







Sunday was the blessing day for little Miss Kennedy. She went nameless for 4 weeks so we all breathed a sigh of relief to have something other than "baby girl" to call her. Although her older brother Atticus still insists her name is Cat Woman. I couldn't help but tear up seeing Garlan with his brothers and Dad give that sweet little girl a name and a blessing. I can't wait for it to be his turn with our little Emma. I've had such a strong feeling lately that she is going to be Daddy's girl. She gets so excited in my tummy when she hears his voice talking to her. She will be here before we know it!

Sunday afternoon was a big gathering with all the McCoy's, Amy Hawks, Dave and Jessica Hawks, Aunt Fay and some of Amberli's family. We ate, chatted, played bingo, and the guys set up an indoor Bump Tourney that lasted for hours. I even ended up in the last 3 on one of the games!









Monday was a fun but sad day. All the boys went and played paintball for several hours while us girls shopped. But by early afternoon people started to say goodbye and head home. Like I stated earlier, we were suppose to be one of those families but due to sickness we ended up staying one more night.

We love, love, love our family and feel so blessed to be apart of all of their lives! Can't wait to see what 2012 has in store for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are getting yourself prepared for a LOONG pregnancy if you are going to have her in 2013. :) I can't say I would mind skipping 2012 but we don't really have a choice do we. ;) Also, I love Garlan's shirt from the Briggs reunion. I remember going to that but Im pretty sure my shirt is still at my parents place. :) I hope you are doing wel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are great! thanks! that was so fun.

    ReplyDelete