Monday, April 25, 2011

He Is Risen!

Happy Easter!


Tonight while reading together in Doctrine and Covenants 18 we came across the following:

10)Remember the aworth of bsouls is great in the sight of God;

11)For, behold, the Lord your aRedeemer suffered bdeath in the flesh; wherefore he csuffered the dpain of all men, that all men might repent and ecome unto him.

12)And he hath arisen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of brepentance.

13)And how great is his ajoy in the bsoul that crepenteth!

14)Wherefore, you are called to acry repentance unto this people.

15)And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!

16)And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the akingdom of my Father, how great will be your bjoy if you should bring many csouls unto me!

17)Behold, you have my gospel before you, and my rock, and my asalvation.

I was deeply touched by these particular verses having just celebrated the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to have His gospel before us and it is definitely my rock and my salvation. I want to take this opportunity to express my profound gratitude to my Savior and my Redeemer for His life, His death and His Resurrection which has made it possible for me to live forever with Him and my family. This gospel is one of Good News! I know that our Savior loves us and that our worth is truly great in the sight of God.

We had a big family Easter dinner (thank you Cherie for letting us use your spacious home) and as I looked around at my 14 cousins, cousin-in-laws, brother, sister/brother-in-law, and amazing husband I was overwhelmed with gratitude for the blessing of an eternal family. I couldn't imagine eternal joy if it didn't include those that I love so dearly.

I hope and pray that I might become a better disciple of Christ so that I can be instrumental in bringing but one soul into the light and life of Jesus Christ, our Redeemer.


Here are some pictures from our wonderful dinner!





No comments:

Post a Comment