BUT I have to admit - 28 was even better! Not really because of the age or number but because my wonderful husband made it perfect! I knew he had something in the works but he kept his lips sealed and me in suspense.
He started the surprises the night before by giving me lotion for Victoria Secret that he loves and I ran out of about two months ago. He even took the old bottle with him so he didn't get the wrong scent. haha. Saturday morning I woke up and headed to my new love - Zumba class. When I got home he told to shower and get dressed - oh and to pack an overnight bag. I wasn't sure what to prepare for so I packed a rather large bag.
We first headed to Target where he told me to buy "whatever I wanted" - of course he knows he can use that phrase now because this summer I detoxed from binge shopping and have become much more of a controlled shopper. I found two new winter hats and 3 shirts. There was a few moments when I started to feel myself slipping into the depths of shopping insanity......but he quickly pulled me out when he said we had 30 minutes left before we were on to our next adventure. Having a time limit brought me back into focus.After Target we headed to lunch at California Pizza Kitchen (one of my favs) where he had set up a surprise lunch with family and friends. Very thoughtful and so much fun to see everyone. I realized that most of the time I'm the one planning parties and it felt good to have one planned for me.



From there we headed to SnoBird to walk around Oktoberfest. The canyon was GORGEOUS and the atmosphere was so much fun (minus all the German beer). We walked up trails, enjoyed entertainment, and shopped in all the booths. We even bought the cutest wool baby outfits for the future. :)






From Oktoberfest he drove me down to Salt Lake to the cutest Bed and Breakfast! I was once again fascinated at his romantic planning and thoughtfulness. HOW I LOVE THIS HUSBAND OF MINE!!!!!!!!!! We stayed in the Victorian Room - it had a huge jacuzzi tub, soft bed, fireplace and a delicious breakfast. The couple that runs the place gave a tour and history on both the houses that they use for the B&B. Sunday morning we went to church in Salt Lake and then headed home and back to reality.





I've had some wonderful birthdays over the years (including the biggest 16th bash a girl could ask for - thanks mom) but this one trumps them all simply because it was the first one I got to share with the love of my life. Thank you Garlan for being so amazing and for loving me like you do!
Glad you had such a great birthday. Frankly I am dreading mine, because this getting old business makes me sick! Why is it that you make 28 look like you're 21 and I feel like I might as well be 30 and hauling my kids to soccer practice and freaking out over all the wrinkles on my face. So happy for you!
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way Jande! But I am glad you had a great birthday. Geez, that husband of yours goes all out doesn't he? You guys are cute together and hopefully it won't be to long before you can use those cute little outfits! :) Hey was your 16th birthday that dance you did in the shop? That was SOO much fun! Oh good times!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Amanda..that is awsome what your husband did for you, George did that once for me for Mothers Day and it was a complete surprise. I love seeing all your pictures.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Looks like it was a great day! Sure he takes you shopping and to all the fun adventures...but did he wish you Happy Birthday one week early? That's what I thought. I'm still the greatest:)
ReplyDelete