Sunday, September 26, 2010

Wonderful & Wacky Washington!

What a wonderful blessing to have parents/family that live only 3 1/2 hours apart! Since we went everywhere else this summer we decided to take a week and go home. We started out with the Hadley Klan in all it's crazy and loud glory. Richard was home for a few days (before moving out to Boston) and Michelle was also home (she and Nate are moving to Cali in a few weeks). So it was definitely a wild and crazy 4 days with everyone home minus our missionary Elder Spencer Hadley (who gets home in T-minus 3 months!!!!). Every bed was in use and probably a few couches but that's how we roll with a family of eight that is only growing.

Michelle was glowing and only has till December before she gives us the first grandbaby and nephew! Us girls took an afternoon to make watches and bracelets. (As you can see in this picture the frustration she felt that her bracelet kept breaking) haha.

Oh and Garland got a make-over by the neighbor girls. Isn't he just beautiful!!!!! haha

We got to watch Matt, my younger brother (can't say little brother because he's anything but little) tear it up on the football field. He just committed to play for BYU and he's only a Junior!


It was also Connell Days - which is a pretty fun weekend for our small town. They have a livestock show during the week (which we went to with my cousin's little kids) and a parade with a little fair on Saturday. My cousin Boyd and his son Kade road horses in the parade which was fun to watch - it was a first for Kade and he was super excited.!






Saturday afternoon we made the drive over the mountains to see the McCoy's. This was a little more relaxed due to the fact there are no kids left and home. So instead of having to fight for a bed we had 3 or 4 to choose from.

It was so fun to be able to visit with the in-laws since I didn't have hardly any time to meet and get to know them during the wedding. The more time I'm around the McCoy Clan - the more I'm grateful to have married into this family. Everyone has been so loving and accepting! And I have the cutest nieces and nephews in the world!

We spent an entire day at the Washington State Fair with Marschell and her three kids - Karli, Heidi, and Jadon. We rode rides till my head felt like it might fall off and saw the largest pumpkin that I've ever seen! I forgot how much I love fairs!




He was not meant to pull off the cowboy look - but I still love him!


The driving wasn't too bad - we finished a couple books and we both caught up on some sleep. :) It was hard to say goodbye and we miss them all already!

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous you went to the fair. I grew up going to that fair and miss it!! You guys party too much!!

    ReplyDelete