Sunday, July 25, 2010

Aloha!

Our latest adventure was visiting friends in the beautiful state of Hawaii! Boe and Shauna (and their little girl Kenzie) opened their home on the North Shore point to us for 8 days. We spent our time relaxing on the beach, snorkeling, kayaking, hiking and boogie boarding. Since we both have been to Hawaii we skipped out on most of the touristy sites but we did spend a day at the Polynesian Cultural Center and then a day at Pearl Harbor and Aloha Stadium Swap Meet (where I successfully abstained from buying a lot of stuff). We did find a beautiful mango wood vase that we purchased in honor of my deep love for mangos and to remind us of this wonderful trip. We stayed right by the Laie Temple but due to the fact that it is still closed for renovation we weren't able to attend a session (the only downer of our trip). We walked around BYU's campus and I showed Garlan where I spent a summer term years ago for a cultural nursing course I was taking. It was really fun to relive and share so many memories with him - and of course it was even more fun to create new ones with each other! Here are some pictures of our vacation. Waimea Bay & Haleiwa for Matsumoto's delicious shaved ice!


Our Jump of Death!!!!


Swimming with the sea turtles!


Our tribal tatoos from the New Zealand portion of the PCC. Garlan has been considering moving there and getting a real one :)





The Polynesian Cultural Center




Pearl Harbor





Garlan's Hawaii Hike from Hell and Amanda's Hawaii Hike from Heaven (we sometimes see things differently)

Delicious burger joint in Kahuku (right across from the hospital I worked at)


Garlan's only wish was to catch a crab. After several attempts he finally caught one with his quick reflexes and uncanny speed!



Kayaking the great waters!




Our romantic dinner (Pizza Hut) at Sunset Beach!


Boogie boarding together

Our favorite spot of all - Laie Temple!

2 comments:

  1. Looks totally awesome! You two are soo cute together. I love newlyweds.

    Jason hates hiking too, maybe a McCoy thing?

    ReplyDelete