I know this is 3 weeks and 3 days late but it's the first time I've been able to sit long enough to update this thing. Most of the following will come from my journal since I was able to write down all my feelings the day after we were married on our nice long plane ride to the Dominican Republic.......We both agree on the following: we couldn't have asked for a more non-stressful and peaceful wedding day. Thanks to so many friends, family, and careful planning we were able to sit back and enjoy the best day of our life so far.
Wednesday started off the wedding fun with most of Garlan's family and the last couple of mine arriving into town. We had a great luncheon/dinner at Tucanos with all 50+ of immediate family members! haha. Luckily half those were kids so there was still enough food for the rest of the people eating there. We showed our slide show (which we are going to try to download onto this thing) and thanked everyone for coming to celebrate with us. That night Garlan had his guy's night out on the basketball court with his family and mine and I had a girl's night at my place with my family.Thursday morning I woke up to rain/snow after getting a few hours a good sleep. I knew it wasn't suppose to be good weather but I felt the snow was overkill! haha. Actually, since we had already taken pictures I wasn't too worried about it. Emily and Liz came with me to get my hair done and we arrived at the temple on time and just a
few minutes ahead of my fiancee.
The temple was absolutely the most amazing experience and of course the only point in all of this that truly matttered. I had a personal escourt and felt very pampered throughout the whole course. Grandpa Clyde sealed us and it was the most beautiful sealing ever (of course I might be a little biased). Here are a few key things we instructed us and everyone else there on:*The signifance and power of the priesthood and the obligation priesthood holders have to honor and cherish women.
*A wife isn't suppose to be in front of or behind but BESIDE her husband.
*Our homes can be a temple if we continue to invite the Savior into our lives and our relationships.
*There is a difference between an eternal marriage and a celestial marriage and we are to daily work on creating and maintaining a celestial marriage.
Many more beautiful things were said but those stuck out the most to both of us. I am just so grateful to be sealed to my husband for not just time but for all eternity. I've worked in the temple for over 3 years and never had it so powerfully hit me as it did that day that this is what life is all about. Living in a way for the Savior to be a part of our lives and to help make us better people so that we can create an eternal family and return to Him again. I still feel overwhelmed with gratitude and so much peace.
After we were married we took a few group and family pictures at the temple. The sun was shining, no rain or snow around! Everyone went to get ready for the reception while Garlan and I drove back to Provo to eat lunch at Carrabbas - my favorite restaurant and the one we went to when we got engaged. It was so wonderful to have that hour of quiet time together were we could just talk and express our feelings and love for each other. We did have to laugh about the fact that we didn't really feel any different and that I kept introducing myself as Amanda Hadley. But our waiter was so excited for us that he gave us our meal free - another reason why we will keep going back. :)After lunch we headed over to help set up the centerpieces at the the reception center. My family and some great friends met us there and it went quickly and smoothly. The food was catered and our fabulous chocolate wedding cake had been done by the great chef's of Costco. It was so wonderful to see so many friends and family that night (we had about 250 show up) that I didn't want it to end. The whole day had been an absolute fairy tale and I was FINALLY the princess who got her Knight in Shining Armor!
So glad you two had a very special day and things went so smoothly. Congratulations again Amanda!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I so badly wanted to drive down and say hi to you after the sealing. That is such a beautiful experience and one you will never forget.
ReplyDeleteLove you!
~Kert
Congrats! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad to hear that your wedding day was peaceful and not stressful... that's the way all weddings should be!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a wonderful event--you're pictures are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWe are so happy for you both!! come visit us in AZ!
ReplyDelete