Saturday, March 13, 2021

School and Sports!

 I got a little crazy and coached all 3 girls and their basketball teams. It was a little busy but it meant no 2 games were at the same time so that was nice. Sadly I had to wear a mask while coaching which was lame. The girls all did awesome. Scored lots of baskets and loved playing. 




                                       


Sophia was student of the month and lost her first tooth on the same day. Her teach wrote:

Dear Amanda and Garlan, 

   I have chosen Sophia to receive the Mustang Stampede award this month. Sophia is honest and is a good student. This last month I have needed help at recess finding out what happened and the truth. Sophia is one I can turn to and trust what she tells me is what happened. She is a hard worker in class, and is a joy to be around.

Mrs. Peterson




She is great reader and writer. I actually found this letter in her bag. Totally made me cry. I'm not having to work as much as numbers are going down but of course I always worry if my working hurts my kids. This was a beautiful gift to my mommy heart that I always want to remember. 

Sophie and Emma entered the PTA Reflections contest. They each had taken pictures with my camera and wrote something about the picture with the theme "I matter because....."
Both girls won at their school grade level, the district level and then at the regional level Sophia made honorable mention. 



Emma's entry was this:

Shandy came and helped me present on Italy for culture day in Emma's class. It was a lot of fun. Shandy taught them Italian words and I found Italian candy at Ross to hand out. 







Emma was also a star student. Her Teacher wrote:
HI Amanda!! I just wanted to let you and your husband know that I have chosen Emma as a student of the month! (Its a secret so don’t let her know). We will have the "Mustang Stampede" on Friday, and she will run in that with the other students chosen. I just wanted to recognize her because she is just the most amazing student! There are so many things that I can say about her. Most importantly I wanted to recognize what an awesome example she is to all of the other students of hard work. She works so hard every day to get all of her work done! If she ever misses something, she is intent on getting caught up and always worried about making sure things are complete. She never wastes a single minute and always does what she is asked. I am so so grateful that she is in my class this year! Because of COVID restrictions, we can't have all of the parents come like usual to watch the students run in the stampede, however, it will be broadcast live via our school's Facebook/Youtube page, and then it will be put on the school website afterwards. Just wanted you guys to know how awesome Emma is doing here at school and that we love her!!
Miss Thomas






This was a paper Sophie wrote about my parent's dog that she loves.

Supporting School Spirit night

Emma's teacher Miss Thomas does a great job of taking pictures during the year. Here are some of Emma







No comments:

Post a Comment