Saturday, April 27, 2019

Happy Easter!

I love Easter and all that it represents! I haven't been great at doing things every day during the week leading up to Easter Sunday but Garlan and I do try to really stress the importance of what Easter represents - the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.  We don't make a big deal about the Easter bunny (it's creepy to me). Hopefully as my girls get older and their attention spans grow we can incorporate more traditions leading up to Easter Sunday. But mostly I just want them to know and feel our testimony of the Savior. That He died for us and now Lives for us. If they can come to know and feel that themselves then I'll feel successful.

For Easter we gathered at Michelle's house. My mom flew in the day before. She has been here a lot helping with Grandpa Clyde and now that he has passed helping with Grandma. We don't complain and only wish the two of them would move here.
Michelle had the kids make resurrection rolls and we talked about the atonement, death and resurrection of the Savior.  Since my mom bought tons of candy we did an egg hunt - inside because of the rain.






My dad flew in a few days later for Matt's graduation. We all met at Thanksgiving Point for the Tulip Festival. It was BEAUTIFUL! We walked and walked through tons of gorgeous flowers. We were all tired by the end but really enjoyed it.














No comments:

Post a Comment