I just love these 2 girls! I finally was
able to take their 4 & 2 yr old pictures. Emma loves to pose and
Sophie's stubborn side showed up in a lot of the pictures.
Just a little about each girl:
- They are very good friends 90% of the time. They love to dance, color, play with play dough, jump on the tramp, cook with mom, spend time with their cousins and aunts and uncles, play dolls, dress up and of course wrestle. Sophie is usually the winner in that department :)
- Sophie's vocab is increasing and she's finally saying "Emma". The night she busted out with it she repeated it about 100 times because we'd all clap and cheer.
- She will say almost any aunt, uncle and cousin name except for Chloe's. If we ask her to say Chloe she either shakes her head or says "Matt" instead. She love Chloe so it's a mystery why she's holding out so long on saying her name.
- she's putting more phrases together like: "all done", "I wan it", "no dadda, no"
- she finally calls the color red - red instead of blue :)
- She will try to count or say her ABCs along with Emma but usually only gets every 4th or 5th sound
- even though she is very physical she likes to wear dresses and every morning asks for a "dess pease" when I get her ready for the day
- Emma's vocab is always expounding because she literally talks nonstop all day long! Some of our favorite phrases:
- "alsoly" which is basically just also - it's too cute to correct
- She uses the word "jealous" in place of mad or upset...... "Please don't be mad or jealous that I broke that mom"
- She is figuring out when it's okay to say "God". It's a tough thing to explain to an almost 4 yr old what it means to take the Lord's name in vain. We tried to tell her we don't say it because she'd hear it on shows or songs but then she got very confused when she'd hear it at church. So she is now always asking "We pray to God but we don't say Oh my hmmmmm".
- She is also fixated on not saying bad words. It means she tattle tells a bit too much on other people -including movie characters, friends, cousins, her mom and dad and even herself. Sometimes she comes and finds me and says, "mom I'm sorry, I just said a short bad word". Not sure what she classifies as short vs long but I don't ask her to clarify.
- The other day she was telling me out of the blue - E: "Goshen and Taggy help us to choose the right and be nice to people." Me: "That's great but who is that?" E: "He is Heavenly Father and Jesus's friend" Me: "Oh, you mean the Holy Ghost" E: "Yeah but I like to call him Goshen and Taggy".
- This morning: "Mom come see the letters I've been drawing.....it's a miracle!
- Emma is really into Ariel and Prince Eric and is either playing with her dolls of them, make believe with her friends or has her Dad play Prince Eric. She's very excited to have an Ariel birthday party in a few weeks.
- Emma still loves her Uncle Spencer and Sophie is very attached to her Uncle Matt (and of course their wives).
- Sophie's 2 yr old stats: Weight 31.8 lbs (93%), height 36.5 inches (97%)
- Emma's 4 yr old stats: Weight 41.0 lbs (86%), height 41.8 inches (89%)






































No comments:
Post a Comment