In the last 2 weeks Garlan and I were reminded that there are literal angels watching over us and over our kids.
One night after work Sophie and Emma were playing in the back of G's truck when Sophie leaned too far over and fell out face first. She landed right on her head/face. I was inside but G saw it happen. Spencer and Shandy were sitting at the table and when they heard Sophie cry Spencer went running out. Then Emma came and found me to tell me Sophie fell out of the truck and was crying. My heart dropped and of course I imagined the worse as I ran outside. She was banged up, bleeding and crying. Nurse mode turned on and I and did a quick head to toe assessment while asking for details of what happened. Over the next little while G and I debated back and forth if we should take her in to be scanned for any internal trauma. She didn't show any neurological deficits and so after a priesthood blessing by Garlan and Spencer we decided to just watch her. Thankfully she calmed down and within an hour or two was acting completely normal despite the scratched up face. It could of been so much worse! I'm so grateful for the unseen angels protecting her and for the power of priesthood blessings.
A week later it was Emma's turn. While running through my room she tripped and fell on an open drawer at the side of our bed. I watched it happen as if it were in slow motion and knew as soon as her face made contact that it could be our first stitches. I was on on the phone with G and said "I gotta go, Emma just hit her face on a drawer" and hung up. She was screaming and crying as I picked her up. Again, nurse mode turned on and I assessed the damage. She had split the corner of her eye wide open. We stopped the bleeding and I held her for awhile as I debated taking her in for stitches. I called G back and updated him on yet another injury. Thankfully the cut was a straight line and it wasn't too deep. I confirmed with Amy (G's cousin and NP) that stitches my make more of a scar and pulled out my amped-up first aid kit to glue and steri strip it shut. Again, this could have been so much worse and we felt very blessed that there was no trauma to the actual eye. An angel watching over her for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment