Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter and Conference Weekend Fun!

We love Easter and celebrating the death and resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. One of our favorite things about having our own little family is starting our own traditions. For Easter we talked a lot about Jesus every night before bed and showed Emma and Sophie pictures and videos. I was surprised at how quickly Emma caught on and remembered. 
Here is Easter in her words:
"Easter means Jesus. It is about Jesus. The bad guys hurt Jesus on his head and hands and feet. He shows people his owies but now they are all better. Jesus said a prayer for me and for mommy and daddy and Sophie. Jesus loves everybody. I love Jesus. He died. The lady came to see him and he was 'regerected'. 'Regerected' means he came back to life and loves everybody."
I pray that Emma will never lose this simple testimony of what Jesus means to her and what Easter represents!
Saturday I had to work so Garlan took the girls (between conference sessions) to our neighborhood Easter Egg Hunt. The day before I had explained to Emma what you do at a hunt because she wasn't so sure she wanted to go "hunting". I told her you run around and find eggs and put as many as you can in your bucket to take home and open later. She did exactly that - next year I'll have to include that you let kids younger than you get the egg first. :)



Sunday we had little Easter baskets for the girls with an Anna & Elsa doll and some treats. Growing up my parents didn't make a big deal of the Easter bunny. They liked to focus on Christ and Garlan and I feel the same way. We explained to the girls (mostly Emma) that the gifts are to remind us of the many gifts the Savior has given us. We then did a matching Easter activity out of the Friend to review Christ's last week. In a very tender moment Garlan had us all kneel down and say a prayer of gratitude for our many blessings. I know that girls are  young but I pray we are planting seeds of faith and knowledge. 







I am so grateful for the knowledge and testimony that I have of the Savior. I love it when Easter falls on Conference weekend. There is no better way to spend the weekend than listening to the Prophet and Apostles of Jesus Christ. I had answers to prayers and my faith was deepened.

No comments:

Post a Comment